Florida Pediatric Psychiatry Hotline
No Registration RequiredAHCA Areas 1, 2a + 2b, 3a and 3b: 1-877-506-2720
AHCA Areas 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8: 1-866-487-9507
AHCA Areas 9, 10, and 11: 1-877-486-3783
Click here find your AHCA area
The Florida Medicaid Drug Therapy Management Program is pleased to introduce the Florida Pediatric Psychiatry Hotline, a network of regional children’s mental health consultation teams designed to help primary care clinicians meet the needs of children with psychiatric conditions. Currently there are three consultation hotlines:
The goals of the program are to:
- AHCA areas 1, 2a + 2b, 3a, and 3b team is located at the University of Florida Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in Gainesville, tel: 1-877-506-2720
- AHCA areas 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 is located at the University of South Florida Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in the Department of Pediatrics, Rothman Center for Neuropsychiatry in St.Petersburg, tel: 1-866-487-9507
- AHCA areas 9, 10, and 11 is located at Florida International University. tel: 1-877-486-3783
Key information about the Florida Pediatric Consultation Hotlines:
The service is:
- Provide consultation about psychotropic medications for children with psychiatric illness.
- Promote a primary care clinicians and child psychiatrists collaborative relationship.
- Limited to consultation about medications.
- Duration of the call is limited to a maximum of 15 minutes per telephone consultation.
- A trained administrative person schedules appointment times for the child psychiatrist to connect with the primary care clinician. The goal is to schedule a telephone appointment within 24 hours of receiving the initial request for consultation during non-holiday weekdays.
- Information shared is limited to the patient’s age, gender, weight, and other information that might be relevant to a discussion of medications. No patient names or other unique identifying information will be shared during the consultation.
- The calls will be answered in real time on non-holiday weekdays between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.
- The service is closed during the week of Christmas and holidays.